Yamaha YOB-241 Standard Oboe
The Yamaha YOB-241 Oboe is utilizes many features of the professional Yamaha oboes, giving even and accurate intonation and making the model 241 the most 'Professional' sounding beginner model you will ever find!... More details
The Yamaha YOB-241 Oboe features a more economical ABS resin body oboe utilizing a simplified Conservatoire system, making it is easier to play for beginners. However, this oboe has a surprisingly precise intonation which permits students to concentrate more on developing their own musical nuances. But there is nothing 'student-like' about the rich and colorful sound. The new bore design which incorporates vertical integration is similar to that of the YOB-841 professional model, resulting in improved projection and improved tonal qualities. The 241 features a characteristically warm oboe tone which sounds very close to that of a professional instrument, so even a complete beginner will quickly develop a beautiful tone.
Newly designed, highly polished bore
The new bore design which incorporates vertical integration is similar to that of the YOB-841 professional model. This results in improved projection and improved tonal qualities.
Newly designed undercut tone hole design
Also similar to the YOB-841, the new taper to the tone hole design provides the player with a smooth response and even intonation.
Nickel-silver bell ring
The bell ring increases effective density of the bell for a quicker response and a more focused sound.
French taper pivot screws
French taper pivot screws are designed for precise adjustment and increased longevity.
Stainless steel springs
Durability, key balance and a more comfortable feel are all benefits of using stainless steel as the spring material.
|% Off Retail||0%|
|Key System||Simplified Conservatoire|
|Body Material||ABS Resin|
|Key Material||Nickel Silver|
|Spring Type||Stainless Steel|
|Trill Keys||C#-D#; F#-G#; A#-B; B-C#; C-D|
|Bell Material||ABS Resin|
|Additional Features||French taper pivot screws; Nickel-silver bell ring; Stainless steel springs|
|Case||Yamaha YAC OBC-240II Hard Shell Case|
|Accessories Included||Yamaha hard shell case|
|Warranty||5 Year Manufacturer's Warranty|
The Down Payment is a one time payment that is required up front along with your initial ‘Lease-to-Own’ order.
No application or credit check is required, however in some cases we may request additional proof of identity from you. The Down Payment is non-refundable.Click here for a complete description of the Lease-to-Own agreement.
Optional Damage Protection
We highly recommend adding damage protection!
Accidents happen, so most customers include Damage Protection with their lease-to-own plan. Damage protection is very affordable and covers the cost of all required repairs to the instrument while you are making lease payments.
In most cases, the cost of one minor repair exceeds the cost of an entire year of Damage Protection! Without Damage Protection, you could end up making payments on a broken instrument in need of costly repairs.
Damage protection coverage ranges from $3-$5/month with your lease-to-own plan, depending on the instrument. If The Instrument Place determines that the cost of repair exceeds the value of the instrument, we replace it at no charge.
Some GREAT reasons to include Damage Protection ("DP"):
- Even if you or your child is responsible, the people around you may not be as careful.
- Depending on the work that the instrument needs, the cost of any given repair can often exceed the cost of an entire year's worth of DP.
- You may cancel DP at any time; however, DP can only be added at the beginning of your lease-to-own term.
- Homeowner's insurance does not usually cover the instrument since you do not actually own it until all payments are completed. Plus, there is NO DEDUCTIBLE with our DP!
What is not covered by our Damage Protection plan:
- Theft or loss of the instrument, bow and accessories is not covered under damage protection.
- Broken strings on stringed instruments are also not covered by the plan
- Any damage that is determined by The Instrument Place to be caused by blatant negligence or abuse.
** Without Damage Protection, you will be financially responsible for loss, theft, damage to or destruction of the instrument. Damage protection is non-refundable.
The Origination Fee is a onetime fee that is required up front along with your initial ‘Lease-to-Own’ order. The fee covers all origination services involved with initiating your ‘Lease-to-Own’ agreement, as well as all other administrative services required in processing and collecting payments.
No application or credit check is required, however in some cases we may request additional proof of identity from you. The Origination Fee is non-refundable.Click here for a complete description of the Lease-to-Own agreement.
Our 12-Month Lease-to-Own Plan
We have the best Lease-to-Own payment plans on the Internet!
We encourage you to always do the math and read the fine print when you shop around at other stores. Even if another monthly payment seems competitive, the payment plans at other stores often include an inflated overall price and/or interest. You could unknowingly enter into a contract requiring payments for several years and end up paying full retail or MORE.
Some GREAT benefits of our Lease-to-Own plan:
- ALL instruments are brand new at the beginning of your lease-to-own plan and covered by their original manufacturer warranty.
- After only 12 successful payments you will own your instrument!
- We do not charge interest or inflate our discounted overall price when you choose to make payments! Our 12-month Lease-to-Own plan is similar to making interest-free installment payments. Unlike most other music stores that inflate their overall prices when you begin a payment plan, we simply divide our purchase price into 12 monthly payments.
- You have the option of purchasing damage protection during the lease period for a very affordable monthly cost. Damage protection provides protection against accidents that may otherwise leave you making payments on a broken instrument. We highly recommend adding damage protection!
- You can cancel at any time simply by returning the instrument with no further obligation.
- The only additional fee that we charge with our Lease-to-Own plan is a small, onetime Origination Fee. This non-refundable fee is charged up front with your first month’s lease payment and covers all administrative services required in processing and collecting payments.
- Customized Payment Plans are available to meet your specific budget. Need a customized payment plan on any instrument or group of instruments? Please call or email us with your additional needs.
Here is how it works:
- Your initial order placed through our website includes the first month’s lease payment, the origination fee and the first month of damage protection (if ordered).
- The (11) remaining monthly payments are then automatically charged to the same credit card on the 1st day of each month (including the monthly fee for damage protection, if ordered). Monthly payments begin on the 1st day of the very next month after your order is shipped.
- After 12 successful payments you will own the instrument!
- Origination fee* and damage protection** do not apply toward the purchase of the instrument.
- You can avoid the origination fee by purchasing the instrument outright.
Eastman Strings model 80 Violin Outfit
Lease-to-own monthly price = $30
Origination fee = $35
Optional monthly damage protection = $3 per month
* Amount charged when you place your order with damage protection = $68. This includes the $30 first payment, $35 onetime origination fee and $3 first month of damage protection. Sales tax not included.
* Starting on the first of the next month, there will be 11 monthly payments of $33, $30 monthly payment + $3 monthly damage protection. Sales tax not included.