Yamaha SB6X-2 SILENT Brass™ system for Flugelhorn
You want to play when and as you like, without being confined to time or place… Yamaha’s next generation SILENT Brass™ makes it happen. The new SILENT Brass™ consists of a smaller, lighter, free blowing Pickup Mute™, and the Personal Studio™, which features Yamaha’s exclusive Brass Resonance Modeling™. Used together, the two deliver the natural acoustic tone you hear when playing without a mute, making it feel as though you are playing mute free. The Pickup Mute™ combines a high-performance mute with an internal microphone to pickup sound. Significantly smaller and lighter than previous versions, the mute offers superior muting performance, delivers excellent intonation over a wide pitch range, and natural playability. A new compact design now lets you put your instrument in its case with the mute in the bell. * Please note that the Pickup Mute™ may not fit some instruments with significantly different bell shapes or bell diameters. Please check before purchasing. The SILENT Brass™ features Yamaha’s proprietary technology, which uses the modeling of non-muted brass instruments to correct your instrument’s tone when the Pickup Mute™ is in place. The resulting sound is so realistic, it’s hard to tell whether the instrument is muted, or not.
Pickup Mute™ - Trumpet, Flugelhorn, French Horn and Trombone
The Pickup Mute combines a high-performance mute with an internal microphone to pickup sound. Significantly smaller and lighter than previous versions, the mute offers superior muting performance, delivers excellent intonation over a wide pitch range, and natural playability. A new compact design now lets you put your instrument in its case with the mute in the bell.
* Please note that the Pickup Mute may not fit some instruments with significantly different bell shapes or bell diameters. Please check before purchasing.
Pickup Mute - Euphonium and Tuba
The Pickup Mute combines a high-performance mute with an internal microphone to pickup sound.
Lightweight and Compact
The new SILENT Brass Pickup Mute is designed to be significantly smaller and lighter than previous models to improve the balance when playing, yet it offers approximately the same muting efficiency along with stable pitch over a wide range and unrestricted breath flow.
Adjustable Pitch and Playing Feel
With the euphonium and tuba mutes, an adjustable rod allows the position of the mute head to be raised or lowered inside the bell while playing. This gives you the ability to customize the feel and the pitch to find the perfect fit for your own instrument and playing style. In addition, this allows the mute to be adjusted for a wide range of bell sizes.
Disassemble to Compact Size
The tuba and euphonium mutes can be broken down, and the disassembled mute body halves can be stacked for compact storage. This may allow the mute to be stored inside the instrument's bell while inside its case or gig bag!*
* Please confirm the fit with your instrument and case independently. Do not stand the instrument on its bell when the mute is installed.
Brass Resonance Modeling™
The SILENT Brass features this unique Yamaha technology which uses the modeling of non-muted brass instruments to correct your instrument’s tone when the Pickup Mute is in place. The resulting sound is so realistic, it’s hard to tell whether or not the instrument is muted.
External Device Input for Enjoyable, Effective Practice
By connecting to portable audio players or smart phones with audio playback capability, you can play along with your favorite tunes or practice with popular "minus-one" backing tracks.
* Stereo mini-to-mini cable sold separately.
|Accessory Category||Flugelhorn Accessories|
|Intended Use||Electronic Mute for Flugelhorn|
|Contents||Yamaha SILENT Brass™ system for Flugelhorn|
The Down Payment is a one time payment that is required up front along with your initial ‘Lease-to-Own’ order.
No application or credit check is required, however in some cases we may request additional proof of identity from you. The Down Payment is non-refundable.Click here for a complete description of the Lease-to-Own agreement.
Optional Damage Protection
We highly recommend adding damage protection!
Accidents happen, so most customers include Damage Protection with their lease-to-own plan. Damage protection is very affordable and covers the cost of all required repairs to the instrument while you are making lease payments.
In most cases, the cost of one minor repair exceeds the cost of an entire year of Damage Protection! Without Damage Protection, you could end up making payments on a broken instrument in need of costly repairs.
Damage protection coverage ranges from $3-$5/month with your lease-to-own plan, depending on the instrument. If The Instrument Place determines that the cost of repair exceeds the value of the instrument, we replace it at no charge.
Some GREAT reasons to include Damage Protection ("DP"):
- Even if you or your child is responsible, the people around you may not be as careful.
- Depending on the work that the instrument needs, the cost of any given repair can often exceed the cost of an entire year's worth of DP.
- You may cancel DP at any time; however, DP can only be added at the beginning of your lease-to-own term.
- Homeowner's insurance does not usually cover the instrument since you do not actually own it until all payments are completed. Plus, there is NO DEDUCTIBLE with our DP!
What is not covered by our Damage Protection plan:
- Theft or loss of the instrument, bow and accessories is not covered under damage protection.
- Broken strings on stringed instruments are also not covered by the plan
- Any damage that is determined by The Instrument Place to be caused by blatant negligence or abuse.
** Without Damage Protection, you will be financially responsible for loss, theft, damage to or destruction of the instrument. Damage protection is non-refundable.
The Origination Fee is a onetime fee that is required up front along with your initial ‘Lease-to-Own’ order. The fee covers all origination services involved with initiating your ‘Lease-to-Own’ agreement, as well as all other administrative services required in processing and collecting payments.
No application or credit check is required, however in some cases we may request additional proof of identity from you. The Origination Fee is non-refundable.Click here for a complete description of the Lease-to-Own agreement.
Our 12-Month Lease-to-Own Plan
We have the best Lease-to-Own payment plans on the Internet!
We encourage you to always do the math and read the fine print when you shop around at other stores. Even if another monthly payment seems competitive, the payment plans at other stores often include an inflated overall price and/or interest. You could unknowingly enter into a contract requiring payments for several years and end up paying full retail or MORE.
Some GREAT benefits of our Lease-to-Own plan:
- ALL instruments are brand new at the beginning of your lease-to-own plan and covered by their original manufacturer warranty.
- After only 12 successful payments you will own your instrument!
- We do not charge interest or inflate our discounted overall price when you choose to make payments! Our 12-month Lease-to-Own plan is similar to making interest-free installment payments. Unlike most other music stores that inflate their overall prices when you begin a payment plan, we simply divide our purchase price into 12 monthly payments.
- You have the option of purchasing damage protection during the lease period for a very affordable monthly cost. Damage protection provides protection against accidents that may otherwise leave you making payments on a broken instrument. We highly recommend adding damage protection!
- You can cancel at any time simply by returning the instrument with no further obligation.
- The only additional fee that we charge with our Lease-to-Own plan is a small, onetime Origination Fee. This non-refundable fee is charged up front with your first month’s lease payment and covers all administrative services required in processing and collecting payments.
- Customized Payment Plans are available to meet your specific budget. Need a customized payment plan on any instrument or group of instruments? Please call or email us with your additional needs.
Here is how it works:
- Your initial order placed through our website includes the first month’s lease payment, the origination fee and the first month of damage protection (if ordered).
- The (11) remaining monthly payments are then automatically charged to the same credit card on the 1st day of each month (including the monthly fee for damage protection, if ordered). Monthly payments begin on the 1st day of the very next month after your order is shipped.
- After 12 successful payments you will own the instrument!
- Origination fee* and damage protection** do not apply toward the purchase of the instrument.
- You can avoid the origination fee by purchasing the instrument outright.
Eastman Strings model 80 Violin Outfit
Lease-to-own monthly price = $30
Origination fee = $35
Optional monthly damage protection = $3 per month
* Amount charged when you place your order with damage protection = $68. This includes the $30 first payment, $35 onetime origination fee and $3 first month of damage protection. Sales tax not included.
* Starting on the first of the next month, there will be 11 monthly payments of $33, $30 monthly payment + $3 monthly damage protection. Sales tax not included.